Dev Blog #13: Next Steps

The time has come, as the walrus may also have said while the mic was off, to start turning Project Davenport into a proper application. Enough of the core engine is in place now to make it worth making a start on the peripheral niceties, like the interface for creating Davenport project folders, importing image files and so forth.

This is not, I confess, my comfort zone. For the last 25 years I've spent my working life at the low-to-middle strata of game engines, making complicated things happen more quickly than they honestly should. That does not necessarily equip one for creating the more... customer-facing elements of a product.

I shall nevertheless do my best, leveraging my shortness of patience with the software I'm obliged to use on a daily basis as a substitute for design experience. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts